Graham Memorial Chapel was gifted to Washington University in St. Louis by Christine Blair Graham as a memorial to her husband, Benjamin Brown Graham. Graham Chapel was dedicated in 1909 and is now used for concerts, plays, lectures and panel discussions.
|STANDARD ROOM SET|
Graham Chapel Information
- Graham Chapel seats 785 people.
- The main level contains 27 rows of pews on either side of the aisle.
- Each full row seats approximately 10 people for a total of 540 seats on the floor.
- The middle aisle is 42 inches wide and 105 feet long.
- The balcony seats 210 people in individual padded chairs.
- A second entrance and elevator is located on the North side of Graham Memorial Chapel.
- Restrooms are located on the lower level of the Chapel and can be accessed by the elevator or either staircase.
- The green room is located off the northeast corner of the Chapel.
- A private restroom is located just inside the green room.
- The basement of Graham Memorial Chapel, which has a large restroom with mirrors, is the most common area used by brides prior to their ceremony. This space is not private.
(1) small wood podium
(1) large high-back chair (in the green room)
(2) large low-back chairs (in the green room)
(1) double kneeler
(2) short (2 foot high) pedestal tables
(2) tall (3 foot high) pedestal tables
(20) wood stacking chairs with padded seats matching the pews
(2) 3ft x 3ft over-pew tables
(15) Music Stands
(1) Steinway Grand Piano
(2) candelabras that hold seven (provided) candles each.
(1) unity candle holder that holds two taper candles and a large unity candle (unity candle and tapers not provided).
*Included amenities must be advanced with your event coordinator 14 days prior.
Included AV Equipment
- (4) Full-height microphone stands
- (4) Tabletop microphone stands
- iPod/MP3 player connections
(4) microphones may be used. The combination of microphones include:
- (1) Large Podium with a wired microphone (limit 2 podium mics)
- (1) Small Podium with a wired microphone (limit 2 podium mics)
- (4) Wireless handheld microphones
- (4) Wireless lavaliere microphones (headsets or tie clip)
- (2) Wired flat top microphones (limit 2)
*Included AV equipment must be advanced with your event coordinator 14 days prior.
Additional AV Equipment And Services For A Fee ($)
Event Management and the Harvey Media Center offer A/V services and equipment in Premier event spaces that are not part of the “standard offering” of the space. We consider these items “above and beyond” the standard equipment in the space. These items are billable to all Student Affairs departments, SU & university recognized student groups, University departments, and external clients.
For a complete list of additional premier space A/V equipment and services, for a fee, please review the attachment here:
Harvey Media Center (HMC) offers audio and video equipment for rental to students, staff, and faculty of Washington University in St. Louis. Equipment is rented at a minimal cost and available for pickup from Harvey Media Center in the DUC. We also provide technical consultations to assist with events in Campus Life spaces.
Departments or student groups who are interested in renting self service AV equipment or scheduling a cosultation can submit your request through Harvey Media Center.
The Graham Memorial Chapel organ is available for use.
The preferred organist is William “Pat” Partridge; however, you may bring in your own. Pat manages his own fees. You may contact him at the following phone number for information and scheduling: Christ Church Cathedral, 314-231-3454.
If you are interested in bringing your own organist, there is an approval process that must be started no fewer than six weeks in advance of your event date. Please call or email your event or wedding contact to start this process.
The organist requires an assistant who will watch the processional and act as the “eyes” for timing. Your event or wedding contact is not responsible for this role.