When you reserve a space through Event Management, you agree to certain rules for all spaces. Please read through all guidelines before your event.
Clients must adhere to all university policies and procedures. Please review the space-specific guidelines provided on each space’s webpage. Contact information for reservable spaces not managed by our office can be found via the University Space Directory.
- For proper event coordination of Holmes Lounge, Graham Chapel, Tisch Commons, Umrath Lounge, Women’s Building Formal Lounge, Goldberg Formal Lounge or for any event that will serve alcohol, reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance.
- Please note that rental fees are assessed for all reservations, including rehearsals, in locations were rental fees apply.
- Event Management reserves the right to prohibit clients, attendees and other contractors from booking or servicing the reserved space if stated guidelines or procedures are violated.
- Clients will be held responsible for any damages related to their event.
- Events must not interfere with patrons of the university or other events within the area.
- Security needs will be assessed by the Event Management team on a case-by-case basis. The client is responsible for any fees associated with this requirement.
- Supplies, decorations, signage or miscellaneous event items may not be stored in the reserved space before or after the event.
- Wireless internet is available in all Event Management spaces.
- Events taking place in select Premier Spaces will include technical support from your event coordinator and/or require a technician on-hand. Please discuss all audio-visual needs with your event coordinator at least two weeks prior to your event.
- All audio-visual equipment provided in classrooms, meeting rooms and Standard Spaces is self-service.
- Self-service rentals may be available via Harvey Media Center Media Rentals. It is advisable to request any necessary equipment as soon as possible and no less than 48 hours in advance. Equipment availability is not guaranteed.
- Amplified sound usage is limited to the hours of 12-1 p.m. and 5-10 p.m. daily.
- Location and volume of the amplified sound will be regulated by Event Management to ensure the least amount of disruption to those in surrounding offices.
- As of July 1, 2010, all Washington University campuses are tobacco free. Smoking and the use of all other tobacco products is prohibited on the entire campus, including parking lots.
- In accordance with Washington University campus policies, no animals, except service animals, are allowed in any university building.