Available Panels: 24
Located in the tunnel connecting the South40 to the main Danforth Campus of Washington University, the Underpass Panels are a vibrant way to advertise upcoming events and promotions for students, faculty, and staff.
Guidelines & Program
General Program Description:
Event Management offers 24 paintable panels for reservation. These panels are located in the Forsyth Blvd underpass connecting the Danforth Campus to the South 40.
Each panel is a designated space that allows registered student groups and university departments to advertise upcoming events and promotions. Student groups will be given the tools and supplies to create vibrant murals within the designated panel.
- Underpass panels may be requested for two (2) consecutive weeks at a time within a thirty (30) day period.
- Underpass reservations begin on a Saturday and run for one week (Saturday-Friday).
- Panel painting is allowed only on Saturday or Sunday. No weekday painting is permitted.
Requesting a Panel:
- Panel reservation requests must be made through Reserve A Space with the reservation beginning on a Saturday.
- From the “Request A Panel” button below log into Reserve A Space using your WUSTL Key.
- Click “Locations” from the Left Menu
- In the filters section select the Saturday in which you wish to begin your reservation.
- In the “Find A Room” search box type “Underpass Panel” and click search.
- You may need to scroll down in your search results to locate the available panels for that Saturday. If no results appear – then all panels have been reserved. Select a different Saturday.
- Once you have located the panel you wish to request – complete the reservation form and submit your request.
- All requests require approval and once a determination has been made you will receive an email with the confirmation and additional instructions. Submitting a request does not guarantee approval.
NOTE: For a single week’s reservation, DO NOT attempt to select a recurrence. No other days will show as available. By selecting an available Saturday, you are securing a reservation for that entire week (Saturday-Friday.)
Additional Painting Details:
- Student Union groups will be given priority for underpass reservations.
- Only registered student groups will be provided tools and supplies. University departments must provide their own supplies
- University departments may request an underpass panel two (2) weeks before the reservation is to begin, if available.
- Registered student groups who receive approval for painting will be required to pick up a paint room key from the Campus Life Office during business hours (Monday through Friday 8:30AM-5PM).
- Groups are required to clean up all areas and tools/supplies and return all tools/supplies to the paint room in their proper storage areas once their panel is complete. Groups who fail to do so may be denied future abilities to request panels.